This is a BIG week for me and my family. Last Wednesday began the 40 day Lent in preparation for the commemoration of the Holy Week, remembering the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The next day, Thursday was my VALentine's birthDay. This is a week of triple celebration!
Speaking of Lent, in the past, I haven't really immersed myself into the 40-day contemplation and preparation for the culmination of the celebration of Jesus' ressurection for man's salvation. (Whew, that's a lot of "tion"). Anyways, this week, as I was listening to Midday Connection at Moody radio last Wednesday, where the women were talking about Creative Journaling for and stuff you give up during Lent, I was compelled to examine my life and what I can give up to prepare my heart for the Holy Week. I pondered on the thought and the next day, Valentine's day, in my daily devotion, I was led to John 17:19 where Jesus said: "And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them, so they can be made holy by Your truth." I want to share the thoughts and reflections I had on that day:
What did Jesus give up when He came down to earth?
- the magnificence of heaven
- the holiness of the presence of God
- the praise and adoration on the heavenly hosts
- and a lot more that are unfathomable by our humanity!!! HE IS GOD!!!
- for those who will believe to be made holy by the truth (Jesus Himself is the truth) just as He is holy
- What in my life can I give up SO that it will impact the life of other people to be reconciled to God?